This cold noodle salad is a great choice for a summer luncheon or brunch; with a mixture of textures and tastes that is easy to customize.
Prep Time: 20 m
Calories: 185, Sodium: 188 mg, Dietary Fiber: 2.7 g, Total Fat: 7.3 g, Total Carbs: 16.1 g, Protein: 16.2 g
2 large zucchinis
½ lb. skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut in small pieces
2 cups mixed salad greens
2 green onions, sliced thin
3 Tbsp. rice wine
1/3 cup low-calorie sesame-soy dressing
1 large garlic clove, minced
1 tsp. powdered ginger
1 Tbsp. canola oil
½ cup shredded carrot
1 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- Using your Veggetti cutter, turn the zucchinis into narrow pasta strands. Heat or cook to your preferences.
- Combine the ginger, garlic, and rice wine in a large, Ziplock bag. Add the chicken pieces and refrigerate for at least an hour. (May be refrigerated overnight.)
- When ready to assemble the salad, drain the chicken and stir-fry in a medium-size skillet with the oil.
- While the chicken is cooking, combine the pasta with the sesame-soy salad dressing, mixing well to coat.
- Arrange the salad greens in a large bowl, top with the pasta, then with the chicken pieces.
- Garnish with the green onions and additional sesame seeds.