Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 2 hours 30 minutes
- 3/4 cup warm milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup dried raisins
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons water
- For the crosses:
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Cold water
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- Put warm milk, butter, 1/4 cup sugar, salt, egg, egg white, flour, and yeast in bread maker and start the Dough cycle.
- Add raisins and cinnamon 5 minutes before kneading cycle ends.
- Allow to rest in machine until doubled; about 30 minutes.
- Punch down on a floured surface, cover, and let rest 10 minutes.
- Shape into 12 balls and place in a greased 9 by 12-inch pan.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until double; about 35-40 minutes.
- Mix egg yolk and 2 tablespoons water and baste each bun.
- Mix the cross ingredients to form pastry.
- Roll out pastry and cut into thin strips. Place across the buns to form crosses.
- Bake at 375°F for 20 minutes.
- Remove from pan immediately and cool on a rack. Serve warm.
Nutritional Info: Calories: 200, Sodium: 135 mg, Dietary Fiber: 1.5 g, Fat: 4 g, Carbs: 36.5 g, Protein: 5.2 g