This quick-fix dinner offers everyone’s favorite variation on Mac ‘n Cheese with an extra veggie boost.
2 cups zucchini or yellow squash noodles, flat circles cut
1 pound ground turkey, buffalo, or beef
1 large bell pepper, deseeded and diced
1 package taco seasoning mix
1 14.5-oz. can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
½ cup water
2 cups shredded Cheddar Cheese (or use “Mexican blend)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large skillet brown the meat, onion, and green pepper until the meat is cooked through.
- Add the canned tomatoes (including the juice) the water, and the taco seasoning.
- Simmer 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While simmering the meat, spiralize the Zucchini into flat ribbons using blade 3 on the Paderno (or thick strands using blade 2 on the Veggetti). Pat the noodles with paper towels to soak out some of the moisture.
- Coat a baking dish with butter or non-stick spray. Place half the noodles in the dish, add half the chili mixture, and cover with half the cheese.
- Add another layer of noodles, chili and cheese with the remaining ingredients.
- Bake in the oven for 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.