Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- 4 pounds of your favorite chicken, including legs, thighs, wings, and breasts, skin-on
- Olive oil
- 1 cup barbecue sauce, like Hickory Mesquite or homemade
- Rub the chicken with olive oil and salt.
- Preheat the griddle to high heat.
- Sear chicken skin side down on the grill for 5-10 minutes.
- Turn the griddle down to medium low heat, tent with foil and cook for 30 minutes.
- Turn chicken and baste with barbecue sauce.
- Cover the chicken again and allow to cook for another 20 minutes.
- Baste, cover and cook again for 30 minutes; repeat basting and turning during this time.
- The chicken is done when the internal temperature of the chicken pieces are 165°F and juices run clear.
- Baste with more barbecue sauce to serve!
Nutritional Info: Calories: 539, Sodium: 684 mg, Dietary Fiber: 0.3 g, Fat: 11.6 g, Carbs: 15.1 g, Protein: 87.6 g.