Servings: 4 – 6
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 55 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 sprigs fresh oregano, stemmed
- 2 pounds ripe tomatoes
- 6 large basil leaves, chopped
- 1 whole green pepper, seeded and cut into four large pieces
- Heat olive oil to medium in a sauté pan.
- Add onion, garlic, and oregano, and cook until fragrant, about 5 to 7 minutes, and set aside to cool.
- Preheat sous vide water bath to 120°F.
- Add olive oil mix, tomatoes, and remaining ingredients to a resealable plastic bag, and seal airtight.
- Cook for 50 minutes.
- Remove bag from the water, open and let cool for a few minutes.
- Remove peppers and discard.
- Remove and peel the tomatoes.
- Add peeled tomatoes and the remaining contents of the bag to a food processor or blender and process until desired texture is achieved.
- Serve with your favorite dishes.
Nutritional Info: Calories: 84 Sodium: 9 mg, Dietary Fiber: 3.4g, Fat: 5.3g, Carbs: 9.5g, Protein: 2g