Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 2 hours
- 1-1/3 cups warm water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups bread flour
- 2 teaspoons yeast
For the topping:
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
For the glaze:
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon of water
- Place the first six ingredients in the bread maker pan in the order indicated.
- Select the Dough cycle and press Start.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and roll the dough out flat to about 1/4 inch thick.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the herb toppings onto the dough evenly distributed across the surface.
- Preheat an oven to 400°F.
- Cut the dough into long strips about one inch wide; twist each end in opposite directions to twist the toppings into the bread stick.
- Place the twisted breadsticks onto a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Mix the egg yolk and the water and lightly baste each breadstick.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and serve warm.
Nutritional Info: Calories: 182, Sodium: 328 mg, Dietary Fiber: 1.4 g, Fat: 2.3 g, Carbs: 34.3 g, Protein: 5.6 g.