This delicious dessert is fast and easy to put together and can be served hot or at room temperature. If you’re feeling decadent, top with a little ice cream
6 large apples, unpeeled, cored, flat cut
1/3 cup almond flour
½ cup pecans, chopped
1/3 cup whole oats (not the instant kind)
3 Tbsp. brown sugar
½ stick butter
1 ½ tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. ginger
Juice of one lemon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the apples, 1 tsp. cinnamon, ginger, brown sugar and lemon juice. Toss until apple ribbons are coated.
In a second bowl, combine the almond flour, oats, pecans, brown sugar, and remaining ½ tsp. cinnamon. Use a fork to cut the ingredients together until the texture is crumbly.
- Put the apple mixture into a 10-inch pie pan and cover with the “crisp” topping.
- Bake at 350 for an hour until the filling is piping hot and the topping is crisp and slightly caramelized.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.