If you like watermelon and feta, you’ll love this watermelon grilled with a creamy twist! The perfect after school or work snack – this recipe doesn’t have to be served as dessert. You can enjoy it anytime of the day.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon coarsely chopped thyme
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Twelve 3-inch-long triangles of seedless red watermelon, about 1 inch thick
- Sea salt, for seasoning
- 1/4 cup small mint leaves
- Honey, for drizzling
- Preheat griddle to high heat.
- Combine yogurt, lemon juice, vinegar, thyme and the 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a small mixing bowl.
- Drizzle the watermelon triangles with olive oil and season with salt.
- Grill over high heat until charred, about 1 minute per side; transfer to plates.
- Top the watermelon with the yogurt sauce and season with black pepper.
- Garnish with mint and honey drizzle to serve.
Nutritional Info: Calories: 126, Sodium: 97 mg, Dietary Fiber:1.3g Fat:2.7g, Carbs: 22.8g Protein:5. 3g