A delicious Italian-inspired sorbet, this fresh little treat boasts of tart with a spicy kick. Enjoy this tantalizing treat on the hottest of days, or to cleanse your palate on a family-style night of wine tasting and tapas with friends.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 6 frozen bananas, peeled
- 1/2 cup freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons lime zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- Sprig of fresh basil to garnish for parties
- Place a large mixing bowl under the Yonanas chute.
- Push the frozen bananas through the chute.
- Add lime juice, zest and basil to the mixing bowl.
- Mix until well-blended.
- Spoon into individual bowls.
- Freeze leftovers in an airtight container.
Nutritional Info: Calories: 161, Sodium: 2 mg, Dietary Fiber: 5.0 g, Total Fat: 0.6 g, Total Carbs: 41.4 g, Protein: 2.1 g.