This Italian favourite is cheesy, in a good way, so good in fact that you might find yourself eating like a gluten-free glutton.
2 large zucchinis
2 large carrots
3 garlic cloves, minced
½ cup Swiss cheese, shredded
¼ cup coconut milk
5 oz. bacon
4 sliced green onions
½ yellow onion, diced
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
- Use the Vegetti to make pasta strands from the zucchini and carrots.
- Fry the bacon until crisp in a large frying pan. Drain on paper towels and set aside to cool.
- Drain the bacon fat (reserve for another use) and sauté the garlic and onions for 2-4 minutes, until the onions are translucent.
- Crumble the cooked bacon into the pan with the onions and garlic.
- Combine the eggs, cheese, coconut milk, pepper, and salt and whisk until smooth.
- Heat the “pasta” in a pot of boiling water. Drain the water and then pour in the egg mixture. Stir to combine, making sure the hot “pasta” cooks the egg.
- Stir in the onion/bacon mixture.
- Serve garnished with green onions.