This all-veggie variation on the carb-laden dish is high on eye-appeal and delivers bonus nutrition in every bite. Use a combination of yellow and Italian squash for the pasta to make it even more colorful.
4 cups zucchini or yellow squash
1 bell pepper (any color), diced
1 bunch green onions, chopped
6 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
2 large carrots, cut into “coins”
½ cup olive oil
½ cup red wine vinegar
1-2 garlic cloves, minced
1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
Dash black pepper
- Spiralize the zucchini (or yellow squash) into nice veggie pasta.
- Warm the pasta in a pot of boiling water while prepping the “sauce.”
- Combine chopped vegetables with the warm pasta.
- Mix olive oil, vinegar, garlic, and Italian seasoning.
- Add black pepper to taste.
- Toss pasta to combine ingredients.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.