This blend of flavors is Mediterranean to the max and a satisfying mixture of creamy and crunchy textures.
2 large zucchinis
1 large carrot
3 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
2 roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
1/3 cup toasted, chopped walnuts
2 garlic cloves, sliced thinly
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 Tbsp. tomato paste
1 Tbsp. fresh thyme, chopped
¼ onion (chopped)
½ tsp. red pepper flakes
½-1 cup water as necessary
- Make “pasta” strands out of the zucchini and carrots with your Veggetti. Heat or cook as you prefer.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Sauté the onion and garlic until they are soft.
- Stir in the chopped red peppers and tomato paste. Cook for 2-4 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Pour the cooked mixture into a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- Return the liquid to the skillet and add the thyme and red pepper flakes.
- Cook over medium heat for about a minute to blend flavors.
- Add the “pasta” to the liquid and stir until the sauce coats the pasta. If it’s too thick, add water, a little at a time, until the sauce is the consistency you want.
- Stir in the goat cheese and walnuts.
- Serve hot.