The pesto here is made without Parmesan (a Paleo no-no) but with the addition of almonds for a second helping of nutty nutrition.
3 medium zucchinis
1 cup fresh basil leaves
1/4 cup Walnuts
1/4 cup Almonds
4 gluten-free sausages, cut into bite-size pieces
5 to 6 cloves garlic
1 medium red bell pepper, diced
3 Tbsp. olive oil
- Using the Veggetti cutter, make pasta strands out of the zucchinis. Heat or cook as you prefer.
- Toast nuts for 3-4 minutes, then set aside to cool.
- Combine the nuts, basil, olive oil, garlic and salt and process in a blender until smooth.
- Cut sausages into small pieces and sauté them in a medium saucepan.
- Add the “pasta” and bell peppers to the sausages. Stir in the pesto sauce. Serve hot.