One of my favorites when I’m craving pizza! This combination of pizza fixins’ and veggie “pasta” lightens the glycemic load of everybody’s favourite “junk food” fix. If calories aren’t a consideration, top with some shredded mozzarella and microwave for 30 seconds to get the full-on pizza “experience.”
2 large zucchinis
2 large carrots
2 Italian chicken turkey sausages
14-oz. jar pizza sauce
1 cup large yellow onion, diced
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 bell pepper, diced
1/4 cup sliced black olives
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp olive oil
- Make “pasta” strands out of the zucchini with your Veggetti, or using blade 2 on the Paderno. Heat or cook as you prefer. I like to blanche the noodles for 1-2 minutes then sprinkle with extra virgin olive oil.
- Cut the sausages into 1-inch pieces and sauté in a medium skillet. Set aside.
- Add the olive oil to a large saucepan.
- Cook the onions until they are translucent, then add the diced pepper and sliced mushrooms. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Mix in the cooked sausage pieces.
- Add the pizza sauce and stir over medium heat for another 5 minutes.
- Pour over the “pasta” and garnish with sliced olives.