This is a variation of one of the simplest and most decadent pasta dishes ever invented. The pumpkin pairs exceptionally well with the smoky bacon, but you can use any veggie pasta you like.
4 cups pumpkin pasta, warmed
1 pound bacon
4 large garlic cloves, chopped
1 bunch spinach, shredded
1 Tbsp. dried red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- Fry the bacon until crisp. Remove from heat and put aside to cool.
- Saute the chopped garlic in the remaining bacon fat until it is golden brown.
- Add the dried pepper flakes.
- Spiralize the pumpkin into nice pasta ribbons. Warm them (saute, blanche, nuke, or boil).
- Combine the warmed pasta and the shredded spinach.
- Pour the bacon mixture over the pasta and spinach and mix well.
- Serve immediately.