Lean protein and non-starchy vegetables are an unbeatable combination when you’re trying to lose weight. This simple, classic “spaghetti” with meat sauce is so flavorful you won’t even notice you’re getting a double-dose of vegetables on your plate.
Ingredients [ weight loss ]
2 large zucchinis
1 large carrot
½ lb. lean turkey or beef
1 12-oz. can crushed tomatoes
1 medium yellow onion, diced
1 Small celery stalk, diced
1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
1 Tbsp. olive oil
½ tsp salt
Parmesan cheese for topping
- Using your Veggetti cutter, turn the zucchinis and carrot into narrow pasta strands. Heat or cook to your preferences.
- In a large saucepan, sauté the onion and celery until the onion begins to get brown (5-9 minutes).
- Stir in the Italian seasoning and the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Push the vegetables to the side and add the ground beef. Cook until the meat is well done.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer until sauce is thickened. Adjust seasoning and serve over warmed “pasta.”
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese.