This delicious pasta works as the centerpiece for a Sunday brunch or as a light supper with a side salad and a nice glass of the white wine used in the sauce.
4 cups zucchini or yellow squash noodles, udon cut
1 4-oz. package smoked salmon, cut in strips
½ cup dry white wine
¼ cup fresh dill, chopped
1 small red onion, minced
3 Tbsp. olive oil
½ cup and half
1 8-oz package frozen peas, thawed and drained
1 lemon, cut in wedges
- Blanche noodles, drain and place in a large bowl.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil and sauté the onion until it is soft and translucent.
- Add the white wine to the skillet, reduce heat, and simmer until it is reduced in volume and beginning to thicken.
- Add the peas and then the half and half, stirring gently.
- Simmer for 3 more minutes, then add the salmon and dill.
- Heat through and stir until the sauce has thickened a little more.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta in the serving bowl and toss to blend.
- Serve immediately, garnished with lemon wedges.
- Note: This dish can be made with canned or leftover poached salmon if you prefer.