This is a grown-up version of Mac n’ Cheese, dressed up with two kinds cheese and the salty surprise of bacon. Because bacon makes everything better.
2 large zucchinis
2 large carrots
6 bacon slices, chopped
¼ cup heavy cream
2 garlic cloves, minced
pepper to taste
6 oz. grated Gouda cheese
8 oz. fresh mozzarella, grated
¼ cup fresh basil, chopped (for garnish)
- Using your Veggetti cutter, turn the zucchinis and carrots into narrow pasta strands. Heat or cook to your preferences.
- Fry the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat. When bacon is cooked but not crisp, add the garlic and stir. Continue to cook until the bacon is crisp.
- Drain off all but a tablespoonful of fat.
- Add the pasta and the heavy cream. Reduce heat and stir together until the sauce begins to coat the pasta.
- Add the cheese and stir until melted.
- Garnish with chopped basil and fresh-ground pepper.