This is another classic Italian pasta sauce that is fast and easy to make, yet still full of big flavors.
4 cups zucchini or yellow squash pasta, spaghetti cut
6 anchovies canned in oil (half a 2-oz. can)
1 28-oz. can crushed tomatoes
½ cup pitted black olives, chopped
2 Tbsp. tomato paste
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
½ small yellow onion, minced
- Blanche noodles, drain and place in a large bowl.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat and sauté the onions until they’re soft and translucent, about 4-5 minutes. Add the garlic and the anchovies.
- Stir and continue to cook. (The anchovies will literally “melt” into the oil.)
- Add the can of crushed tomatoes (juice and all) along with the tomato paste, Italian seasoning, pepper flakes, and olives.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Pour over pasta and toss to coat with sauce.
- Serve immediately.
- Note: Not every Paleo pantry list includes tomato paste, so if you’re a hard-core Paleo, you can leave it out. The sauce won’t be quite as thick, but will taste fine.