SHRIMP, FETA, OLIVES AND ZUCCHINI PASTA
3 large zucchinis
½ lb. medium shrimp (peeled and deveined)
1 garlic clove (minced)
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt (pinch to taste)
Black pepper (to taste)
12 oz. ounce crushed tomatoes (canned is okay)
½ onion (chopped)
½ head fennel (cored and thinly sliced)
¼ cup green olives (pitted and chopped)
¼ cup white wine
1 tbsp oregano
¼ cup feta (crumbled)
- Make “pasta” strands out of the zucchini with your Veggetti. Blanche or boil to taste. Drain and save 1 cup of the water for later.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in large pan over medium heat and add shrimp. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until they are pink in the middle. Put shrimp on plate and set aside.
- Put the remaining oil in the pan and add onion, garlic and fennel, salting and peppering to taste. Cook for 5 minutes or until brown.
- Stir in the tomatoes and wine and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Next, add the olives, pasta and shrimp, along with the extra cup of water that you saved earlier. Heat and stir for 3 to 5 minutes, then serve with oregano and feta as toppings.