Mix and match yellow squash and zucchini for a more colorful dish.
2 lbs. summer squash, matchstick or spaghetti circles cut
1 lb. ripe Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
3 Tbsp. olive oil
2 large garlic cloves, minced
½ tsp. crushed dried red pepper flakes
1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Sauté the onion and garlic until the onion is translucent.
- Add the tomatoes and sauté until the tomatoes have released their juices.
- Add the squash and sauté for another 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the Italian seasoning and the pepper flakes.
- Serve hot.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese if desired.