Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
- 4 slices French bread
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil or shortening
- Powdered sugar, for serving
- Maple syrup, for serving
- Preheat sous vide to 147℉.
- Whisk together eggs, cream, vanilla, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Dredge bread slices in the cream mixture.
- Add bread to a vacuum bag and seal.
- Cook for 1 hour.
- Add oil to a large frying pan and heat to medium-high.
- Remove French toast from sous vide and brown on both sides for 2 minutes.
- Serve with powdered sugar and syrup.
Nutritional Info: Calories: 221 Sodium: 245 mg, Dietary Fiber: 1.1g, Fat: 10.6g, Carbs: 24.6g, Protein: 6.9g